During winter time we hesitate to drink cold buttermilk yet we feel like drinking buttermilk. Here is a way to drink buttermilk during winter -try this delicious recipe – buttermilk rasam and get all the benefit of buttermilk. It slightly warm and tastes delicious because of another wonderful ingredient namely coconut milk. Both together give not only good taste also provide all the benefit that they are known for. Buttermilk is good for digestion and helps to lighten the system. Coconut milk contains nutrients that are unique and helps in boosting our energy.
Why delay… try this simple recipe today at home!
- Buttermilk – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafetida- little
- Clarified butter / ghee – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Urad daal – 1 tsp
- Green chillis – 1 or 2
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Chopped cilantro – 2 Tbs
- Curry leaves – few
*One can add chopped onion – 2 tsp (optional)
- Grind grated coconut in warm water and squeeze to get the milk. Collect the milk and keep away the left over aside.
- Now, mix coconut milk, butter milk and salt in a container.
- In a pan heat clarified butter on medium heat and add urad daal, mustard, cumin seeds and green chilli. Add asafetida and curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Add this above seasoning to buttermilk rasam and sprinkle chopped cilantro. If you prefer you can add cut onion too.
- One can drink this buttermilk rasam or mix with white rice along with pickle on the side!
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: November 20, 2017