For some of the daily health issues one can try these quick home remedies. Many of these ingredients readily should be available in your kitchen cabinets and easy to prepare with few ingredients.
- For mouth sores chew 5-6 young guava leaves with ½ tsp cumin and little rock salt.
- After heavy meals to reduce heaviness in system chew little ginger and rock salt
- If you are suffering from joint pain, daily add 1 or 2 tsp ghee in meal. Ghee helps to reduce joint pain.
- For dry cough – on low flame heat 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp black pepper – cool and prepare powder. To 1 tsp of this powder add 1 tsp ghee and ½ tsp sugar or jaggery and have 2-3 times a day.
- Pomegranate fruit skin and young leaves of the plants are useful in controlling loose motion. On low heat fry 5 pieces of dry pomegranate skin or young leaves with ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp cumin. Add 1 Tbsp grated coconut and grind to paste. Mix with 1 or 2 cups buttermilk and drink.
- Suffering from constipation related stomach ache? Prepare raw papaya (green papaya) curry with less spice ( just 1 green chilly). Have this once or twice followed by a glass of water.
- After a walk in hot sun to reduce dehydration, drink water with a small piece of jaggery. It reduces thirst and helps to keep body hydrated.
- To reduce nausea and vomiting, mix little salt in tender coconut water and drink.
- Another remedy to reduce nausea, add little salt, grated ginger to a glass of lemon juice and drink
- Suffering from indigestion? Add 1 tsp carom seed (oma, ajwain) to 1 cup water and boil on low flame. Let the color turn slight brown. Add little salt, pinch of asafetida and boil for few more seconds, strain the water and drink.
- To reduce burning sensation while urinating due to spices -boil few curry leaves in water, add jaggery. Strain and add little milk and drink twice a day for two to three days.
- Suffering from cold? – Boil few Tulsi leaves with little pepper powder and jaggery. Strain and add little hot milk. Drink twice a day.
- To boost your energy – take 4-5 dates, cut into small pieces transfer to a grinder. Add little jaggery, ½ inch ginger and grind to a paste. To this paste add a cup of hot milk and drink.
- To get relief from stomach burning after eating spicy food – Keep a glass of boiled milk in refrigerator for an hour. Drink this milk.
- To reduce mouth sores and acidity – after washing rice, do not throw water. To one glass of rice water, add ½ glass buttermilk, pinch of asafetida, 1 tsp ghee and little salt. Stir and drink.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: February 1, 2019