Many suffer from dark underarms and hesitate to wear sleeveless shirts and blouses. Reason for dark underarm is, certain health conditions and increase in pigmentation in the area. This also happens because of underarm hair removal method or using hair removing creams, deodorants etc. Shaving underarm often can cause more pigmented cell production. There are few simple home remedies that solve dark underarm condition.
- Mix ¼ cup lemon juice with ½ Tbsp baking soda. Apply mix on armpits before bath for half an hour and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of honey with milk. Apply this under armpit before bath and leave it for about 20 minutes followed by rinse in lukewarm water.
- Mix one Tbsp coconut oil with one vitamin E supplement and rub this under armpit. Leave it for half an hour and wash.
- Mix honey, lemon juice and milk cream in 1:1:1 proportion. Apply this underarm pit and wash using lukewarm water.
- Peel and grate a potato. Collect juice by squeezing potato and apply directly on dark area. Leave it for 10-15 mins and wash using lukewarm water.
- Mix 1 Tbsp lemon juice with 1 Tbsp cucumber juice. Apply this mix underarms and leave for half an hour. Wash using lukewarm water.
- Mix one Tbsp rose water with 1 Tbsp baking soda and prepare paste. Apply this underarm and leave for about 15 mins. Wash using cold water.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and baking soda in equal quantity. Prepare a paste and apply underarms. Wash using cold water after 20 mins.
- Mix 4-5 drops tea tree oil in one cup warm water. Fill this in a spray bottle and spray it on dark are of underarm. Allow it to dry and wash using lukewarm water.
- Apply Aloe vera gel underarms and leave it for half an hour, followed by rinse in lukewarm water.
- Take 1 or 2 tsp castor oil and warm it for few seconds only. Apply warm castor oil and leave it for half an hour. Wash using warm water.
- Mix 2 Tbsp brown sugar with 2 Tbsp olive oil, prepare a mixture. Scrub this for couple of minutes underarms and leave it for 10-15 mins. Rinse using lukewarm water.
- Mix 1 tsp turmeric with 1 tsp honey and 1 Tbsp milk. Apply this mix underarm and leave it for 15 mins. Wash using lukewarm water.
- Use pumice stone and gently scrub the area – pumice stone is a natural exfoliate. It also removes unwanted hair.
You can try any of the above remedies two to three times a week. If you develop rashes then stop applying the remedy mix for few days.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 14, 2018