Sattu with single ingredient Bengal gram or combination of cereals, pulses can be consumed in different ways.
- Mix sattu with water, jaggery and black salt and drink to boost energy
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, black salt, lemon, roasted cumin powder to sattu, mix well and drink.
- Mix sattu in water with sugar, salt and little cardamom powder and drink
- Mix sattu with dry roasted nuts, grind and store in an airtight container. Add 2 to 3 spoons of this mix to breakfast cereal, or add to milk or soymilk and drink.
- To stimulate RBC, add sattu in water and drink in empty stomach
- One can add sattu to curry along with curry powder.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, green chilli, red chili powder, salt and water to sattu to prepare Indian sattu bread
- To 2 tsp clarified butter (ghee) add a cup of sattu, saute till it turns brown. After cooling, mix it with milk, add sugar, cardamom powder and stir slowly on low flame. Mix well, add little water to reduce thickness and drink.
- You can add sattu powder to milkshakes, smoothies, dessert, bread.
Image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kistibij.jpg#/media/File:Kistibij.jpg (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 26, 2020