One of the most famous seaweed (algae) powder is Spirulina powder. Spirulina is a blue green Cyanobacteria. It has two different species – Arthrospira platensis and A. maxima. The name Spirulina is used because of its historical popularity reasons. The plant appears as thin, long blue spiral threads under the microscope. Taste of spirulina is just like any other seaweed but its uses are many.
Arthrospira is cultivated for its dietary supplement values as well as whole food. The dried plant is used as supplement in the form of tablet, powder and flake.
Reasons to consider Spirulina powder:
- It is one of the most nutritious seaweed herb with complete benefits
- Rich in nutrients, proteins, iron, Vitamins A, K and Vitamin B complex
- It contains beta carotene and xanthophylls – good source of antioxidants.
- Very good immune booster, supplies plenty of energy
- Prevents illness, boosts good health, good for hair and skin
- Contains anti-inflammatory property
- Lowers blood pressure, chronic illness and good for recovering from sickness and surgeries
- It reduces cholesterol, inflammation of liver and promotes good digestion.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 26, 2020