Punarnava means “the one that renews”. A small herb with small beautiful pink flowers, very well known for its Ayurvedic application is Punarnava. Boerhavia diffusa is the scientific name for this wonderful plant.
This plant grows in wild as well as cultivated for its many medicinal properties. It is the best herb out there for balancing and rejuvenating kapha system. It contains Sitosterol, boeravinon, boerhaavia acid, urosilic acid. While the whole plant has medicinal properties, if one has to use root powder can be stored at home for using when needed.
Reasons for using Punarnava root powder:
- It is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and good for renal disorders
- It has rejuvenating action on nervous system and reduces nervous disorder and weakness
- It fights obesity, good for controlling blood sugar level
- Treats arthritis and reduces joint pain and, inflammation.
- Supports balanced fluid levels in body tissues
- Effective for liver health, reduces jaundice and liver diseases
- Supports cardiovascular health, decreases risk of heart failure
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 26, 2020