1. Sesame seeds- 1 cup
2. Chana dal- 1/2 cup
3. Urad dal- 1/4 cup
4. Dry red chillies- 8 nos
5. Garlic- 4 big cloves
6. Curry leaves- 2 strands
7. Asafoetida- 1/4 teaspoon
8. Salt to taste
1. In a pan dry roast the sesame seeds until you see crackle of sesame seeds,
2. Dry roast the chana dal and urad dal till they release flavor and turn golden color
3. Dry roast red chillies, cut garlic, and curry leaves together till the red chillies and curry leaves turns crisp.
4. Combine all ingredients that are roasted and allow to cool.
5. Transfer the cooled ingredients inside a blender jar with asafetida and salt; grind to a coarse powder.