1. Curry leaves -12 leaflets
2. Urad dal – 1/4 cup
3. Chenna dal -1/4 cup
4. Black pepper -10
5. Red chilli -10-12
6. Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Tamarind- a small lemon size
9. Mustard – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the curry leaves and sundry or dry them on a paper towel. In a pan add the urad dal (Black gram), 10 black pepper and red chilli .
2. Fry these three ingredients till the urad dal turns golden brown. Add curry leaves and fry for few more seconds until leaves totally becomes dry.
3. In a pan add oil and add the tamarind and asafoetida saute for 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
4. When all these above ingredients cool down, grind into a fine powder in a dry mixer.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and a red chilli. Once mustard cracks turn off the flame and add to the above mix. Store this powder in a dry container.
6. Add this powder to hot rice, mix with ghee or oil and have.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 30, 2017