Bilva leaves chutney for diabetes
Bilva or bael is a middle-sized tree native to India. It is considered as a sacred tree and used for religious purposes. Bilva leaves and fruits are used for medicine preparations as wells as cooking. Bilva is used in Ayurvedic preparation for gastrointestinal diseases, piles, jaundice, obesity etc. In addition bilva is known to reduce urinary problems and helps in easy digestion. Bilva plant is good remedy for inflammation and cools system. One of the easy recipe for diabetic patients is bilva leaves chutney. Bilva chutney can be served with chapati for those who have high blood sugar.
Bilva (bael) leaves chutney
- Bilva young leaves- 10-15
- Red chillis – 6-8
- Grated coconut – ¾ cup
- Tamarind – 2 inches
- Seasme – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafetida – pinch
- For seasoning: Mustard, curry leaves, split black gram
- Collect good bilva leaves and wash in water.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and dry fry bilva, red chillis and sesame. Allow contents to cool
- Grind fried ingredients with grated coconut, tamarind and salt. Add little water to grind and grind contents to paste.
- Prepare seasoning using oil (coconut oil is preferred), mustard, curry leaves, asafetida and one red chilli.
- Add seasoning to grinded bilva chutney.
You can mix bilva chutney with hot rice. On the side have onion pieces and chutney rice will taste yummy. You can also have bilva chutney with dosa, chapati or other Indian types breads.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 9, 2020
Write a comment