Amla, Phyllanthus emblica is one of the most sought plant in herbal remedies. Indian gooseberry is the name given to amla due to its fruit appearance. It is used in Ayurveda for multiple health benefits. Fruits are rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants. Fruits are seasonal and can be dried and stored with salt.
Dry fruit powder of amla is used in treating many diseases. It is one of the ingredient of Triphala medicine that improves digestion. It is one of the preferred herb for nourishment of body tissues.
Reasons to consider amla powder are:
- It removes excess heat and pitta from the body
- Improves digestion, cleanses colon and removes toxins
- Nourishes body tissue and promotes overall health
- Good for eyes, teeth, hair, bones and nails.
- Supports function of liver, heart, lungs and pancreas
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 26, 2020