1. 2 cups- Peanut Ground nut
2. 1/2 cup- Roasted chana dal
3. 4 – Garlic , peeled .
4. 10 – 18 -Red Chilli mix –
5. Few curry Leaves
6. Lime size Tamarind
7. 1 tsp- Cooking oil
1. Dry roast peanuts in, till the skin peels off or brown spots appear on them. Dry roast fried gram till it leaves aroma.
2. Roast red chillies and tamarind. Add curry leaves, and continue to roast till red chillies, tamarind and curry leaves turns crispy
3. Transfer all the roasted ingredients into the frying pan including raw garlic. Fry this mixture for another 1-2 mins and take off from the heat. Garlic will remain little raw.
4. Allow the mixture to cool completely before grinding. Transfer to mixer jar, add salt and pulse it to a medium coarse powder, Peanut chutney pudi is ready. Store it in air tight container.
5. Mix peanut chutney powder with dash of ghee or oil in rice or serve with oil as a side dish for idli, dose, roti, chapatti etc.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 30, 2017