Geranium essential oil is a plant that is steam distilled to produce a light green oil. Some of its countries of origin include Algeria, Egypt and Morocco. Among its active components are geraniol and citronellol (usually making up at least 50% of the oil’s yield). Geranium is a wonderful essential oil for skincare, with its antiseptic, astringent, sebum balancing properties and cell regenerating capabilities. It is effective for most skin types, from mature, devitalized skins to dermatitis and acneic conditions. It can be blended into skin creams or cleansers for daily use. It may be wise to note that some sensitive individuals may not be able to use this oil as they may find it to be a bit irritating. Geranium essential oil also has the reputation of being an antidepressant, making it a great oil to burn or use in a room spray during “down” times or to help combat the “February Blahs”. Geranium essential oil is also an astringent and hemostatic (which means it helps stop bleeding) making it excellent for treating injuries and promote faster wound recovery.
Know about WeRIndia
- Skin Care Tips From Dermatologists
- Avoid These Foods If You Want Healthy Teeth
- Hyderabad Vaccination Drives Comes to a Halt After 4 Children Fall Sick
- Jacqueline Fernandez Slayed It In Yellow
- Canadian children's nutrition suffers during school hours
- Her Mum Believes She Will Be The Light In The Darkness