1. 100 gms Urad dal
2. 10-12- Red chilly (kashmiri)
3. Asafoetida – a pinch
4. A small piece of tamarind
5. 1 tsp -Oil
6. Coriander leaves- One big bunch.
1. In a deep pan heat the oil on medium flame.
2. Add the urad dal and fry till it turns brown color
3. Add red chillies and fry till chillies become crisp.
4. Remove from stove and allow both the chilli and urid dal to cool.
5. Finally mix all the remaining ingredients and grind to a coarse powder.
6. Store in a air tight container.
7. Mix with white rice or have on side with curd rice, dosa, idli etc
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 30, 2017