At 40, you have maximized your skeleton.
Now you must maintain it with good bone health habits to keep strong bones that will support you all of your life.
To live a bone healthy life:
- Eat 2-3 servings of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Calculate your risk of breaking a bone, if you are over 45 years old.
- Consider a vitamin D supplement.
- Pay attention to body mechanics to protect your bones from breaking.
- Get at least 30 minutes of high impact activities, like running, tennis, or aerobics.
- Use good posture when working or using mobile devices.
- Do not smoke or vape.
- Use alcohol moderately.
- Talk with your doctor if you develop any medical condition, to see how it might affect your bone health.
- Ask your doctor if you take a medication about how it might affect your bone health.
- (For women) Speak with your doctor if I lose estrogen because of premature menopause.