Bone Health in your 40s
At 40, you have maximized your skeleton.
Now you must maintain it with good bone health habits to keep strong bones that will support you all of your life.
To live a bone healthy life:
- Eat 2-3 servings of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Calculate your risk of breaking a bone, if you are over 45 years old.
- Consider a vitamin D supplement.
- Pay attention to body mechanics to protect your bones from breaking.
- Get at least 30 minutes of high impact activities, like running, tennis, or aerobics.
- Use good posture when working or using mobile devices.
- Do not smoke or vape.
- Use alcohol moderately.
- Talk with your doctor if you develop any medical condition, to see how it might affect your bone health.
- Ask your doctor if you take a medication about how it might affect your bone health.
- (For women) Speak with your doctor if I lose estrogen because of premature menopause.
- Image credit: https://pixabay.com/users/pexels-2286921/ (CC by 0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 22, 2022
Write a comment