At 20, you have developed 90% of your skeleton, but you still have some time left to build.
Give it your best effort now to get strong bones that will support you through a long and healthy life.
To live a bone healthy life:
- Eat 2-3 servings of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Get at least 30 minutes of fun activities with high impact, like running, tennis, or aerobics.
- Consider a vitamin D supplement.
- Use good posture, especially when driving and on mobile devices.
- Do not smoke or vape.
- Use moderation in alcohol use.
- Cut back on sugary drinks.
- (For women) If you did not get your period by age 15, talk with your doctor.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 21, 2017