This is world famous mouth freshener and promotes digestion.
It helps in increasing appetite and promotes secretion of saliva.
What it contains?
- Fennel seeds – 4 tsp ,
- Betel nuts – 2 tsp,
- Colored sugar- 2 tsp,
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Clove powder – ¼ tsp,
- Nutmeg powder – ¼,
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp,
- Dry coconut powder or flakes – 1 tsp,
- Menthol – little powder,
- Camphor – little powder,
- Gulkand – 2 tsp,
- Dried fruit & nut mix – 1 tsp
How to prepare at home?
- Wash betel leaves and dry using a paper towel
- Mix all above-mentioned ingredients
- Apply a little of slaked lime on two betel leaves and place on a flat surface. Place one tsp of mixture on the leaves.
- Fold leaves into triangle shape and insert a toothpick or clove to hold the shape.
- Serve after meal
Benefits: If you see the ingredients you will understand why people like to have Banaras leaves after meal. All ingredients presented in Banaras paan helps in digestion and promotes metabolism.
Clove and cardamom refreshes mouth. Betel nut and nutmeg helps in liver health.
Cinnamon reduces cholesterol and keeps heart healthy. Fennel seeds good for intestine and removes toxins from the body. Dried fruit and nut mix supply protein and minerals. Betel leaf of course, supplies vitamins, thiamine and iron and it works on salivary gland!
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 31, 2018