Yes, it is oily food and a snack. However, there are some good ingredients in this dish namely, Spinach pakoda or spinach fritters. Spinach is fiber combined with onion makes it tastier. Here is the recipe of this snack. One can have this with hot coffee or tea and is good enjoyable snack during rainy season.
- 1 bunch of Fresh Spinach or a bag of spinach leaves
- Onion – 2 cups
- Besan/Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour – 1 Tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Asafoetida – a generous pinch
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
- Separate the spinach leaves from the stem, wash and chop it roughly. Alternatively, one can buy bag of spinach fresh leaves and chop it.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Mix chopped spinach, onions, gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, salt, one teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds) & asafetida. Mix well without adding water. The water in spinach and onion is enough for mixing.
- Meanwhile heat a pan with oil enough to deep fry. Pinch small pieces of the flour mixture and drop it in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turn them on both sides to fry evenly.
- Drain the excess oil in paper towels.
Serve hot spinach pakoda with tomato ketchup or green chutney or tamarind chutney.
Image courtesy: http://fromnoorskitchen.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/pakoda.jpg
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 7, 2015