Another special snack is here for banana lovers ! This is a sweet dish of rural Karnataka, India. It is totally a vegan dish and is a good snack during winter and rainy season. Easy to prepare with simple and easily available ingredients – this can be a good time pass item for all.
- Ripe Banana large 2 (small – 4)
- Maida/All purpose flour 3 Tbsp / 1 cup
- Rice flour 1 tsp
- Powdered Jaggery ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Nutmeg powder pinch (Optional)
- Baking soda pinch (Optional)
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, take the batter with a spoon and drop it in hot oil. Fry them till golden brown in low to medium heat (fry about 6-7 spoon of batter at a time).
3. Take out and put them on paper towel.
4. Quick, easy and tasty Mulakas are ready to serve.
Recipe by: Mamatha Anil, bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.in