Banana Payasam (Kheer)
One sweet that people offer to Goddess is payasam or kheer. Rice kheer is a prefered naivedyam for Goddess. If not rice kheer one can prepare other types of kheer too. Banana kheer recipe is here- which is simple and easy to prepare. Banana is rich in potassium and contains dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium etc. This recipe calls for jaggery which makes it more delicious.
- Ripe Plantains- 2
- Milk 2-3 cups (OR Coconut milk)
- Jaggery ½ cup
- Cashew and Raisins ¼ cup
- Ghee 4-5 tsp
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- Remove the outer skin and cut the banana and pressure cook. Remove the inner line with black seeds. Mash it.
- Melt jaggery in little water and strain it.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashews and raisins.
- Heat ghee in a vessel, add mashed banana and mix well.
- Add melted jaggery and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes in low heat.
- Now add milk and bring it to boil. Keep stirring. Finally add cardamom powder and dry fruits and cook for another 5 minutes in low heat.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 30, 2016
Write a comment