Peanuts are rich in protein and packed with nutrients. Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the type of fat that is emphasized in the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet. Peanut kernels are good source of dietary protein; compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development. Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant. Research studies suggest that roasting or boiling enhances antioxidant bio-availability in the peanuts.
- Raw Peanut 3 cups (with shell)
- Onion finely chopped 1 cup
- Tomato finely chopped 1 cup
- Cilantro chopped ½ cup
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Chat masala 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
1. Wash raw Peanuts 4-5 times. Pressure cook with little salt. Let it cool down.
2. Remove the peanuts from the shell.
3. Combine peanuts, chopped onion and tomato, chat masala, red chilli powder, lemon juice and cilantro. Mix well. Adjust the salt.
4. Serve spicy Peanut chat with coffee or tea.
* Peanuts may cause severe allergic reactions to kids.
Recipe & Image by: Mamatha Anil @ http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com/
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 2, 2016