Mung bean is known for its high protein content and is easy to sprout.
Sprouted mung beans have additional source of energy and gives cooling effect to body.
It is easily digestible and one can add sprouted mung bean to salads, make sambar or cool drinks.
Sometimes eating mung bean can cause bit of gas problem.
To get benefit of mung bean one can sprout mung beans and prepare mung bean pancakes (also known as dosa) by adding light spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric and fennel.
Adding these ingredients makes it more digestible and easy on stomach.
- Sprouted mung beans – 2 cups
- Carrot -1/4 cup
- Zucchini chopped -1/4 cup
- Baking soda -1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder– 1 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cilantro chopped – ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 cup (to get dosa batter consistency)
- Salt – as per taste
- Sprout 1 cup of green mung beans
- In a grinder add all the ingredients with sprouted mung beans. Add water and grind.
- To grinded mix add corn flour and chopped cilantro. Add water and mix to get dosa batter consistency
- Place a tava (pan) on medium heat and apply oil
- Pour a ladle of batter on the tava and spread it thin (or thick the way you want it)
- Cook both the sides to golden brown
- Serve the hot pancake with green chutney
*To increase taste, you can add chopped onion and green chillis to the batter.