In several Indian villages instead of using sugar for sharabath preparation people use jaggery with light spices. This traditional tropical sharabath gives several health benefits including – cough, indigestion, asthma, arthritis pain, to reduce cholesterol, fat burning, nausea and stomach ache. Another advantage of drinking this juice is it contains jaggery and not sugar. Jaggery is non- centrifugal cane sugar that has molasses and is unrefined sugar. Consuming jaggery helps to keep control on allergy, cold and cough. It boosts immune system, detoxifies liver, reduces constipation.
To keep stomach healthy and cool, prepare and drink this fresh fruit traditional tropical sharabath containing jaggery.
- Jaggery – 1 kg
- Grated ginger- 1 inch
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Any fruit juice – 1 cup
- Salt – little (less than ¼ tsp)
- Add jaggery to 1-liter water and boil to dissolve jaggery. Boiling helps jaggery to give pure aroma.
- To boiling jaggery water add grated ginger, coriander powder and pepper powder
- Allow it to cool
You can refrigerate this base mix in a glass container.
When you need sharabath, then remove the base mix and prepare juice as below.
- Select your choice of fruit – Lemon, watermelon, cranberry, mango, musambi, pineapple, guava, papaya, muskmelon, Indian gooseberry, tomato or your choice of any fruit and prepare fresh juice. Do not add sugar while extracting fresh fruit juice.
- Add cardamom powder and pinch of salt and, mix well
- Add this juice to jaggery base mix and serve.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 3, 2018