Banana stem stir fry
Have you ever tried banana stem curry or banana stem stir fry? Banana stem is a delicious and healthy vegetable.
While banana fruits are known for unique health benefits, banana stem also known for its amazing health benefits. It is a very rich source of fiber. And, it is good source for reducing fat. Banana stem juice is good for removing kidney stones.
The fiber in banana stem flushes any unwanted materials from our digestive system. It is good for detoxification and digestion.
Banana stem curry or banana stem stir fry is a simple, easy to prepare dish that you should give it a try!
- Banana stem: Finely chopped 3 cups
- Jaggery: 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – Few
- Coriander – chopped 1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Salt – As per your taste
- Mustard powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Green chilli – 4
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Cut tender banana stem to small pieces. To avoid blackening of stem pieces sprinkle lime juice on the cut pieces, mix and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add mustard, urad dal (1 tsp) and chopped green chilli. Add curry leaves.
- To the seasoning add chopped banana stem, mix on medium heat. Add turmeric powder and continue mixing.
- After a minute add a cup of water, salt and mix. Close the lid and cook in medium heat.
- Once the stem pieces are cooked and water is evaporated, add powdered jaggery, mustard seeds and mix.
- Turn off the heat and add grated coconut, lemon juice and mix well.
- Before serving, add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Serve banana stir fry (curry) with your choice of rice, roti, chapathi or bread!
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 21, 2018
Write a comment