Roasted Variyali – Fennel seeds
Roasted fennel is another popular mouth freshener one can see in many Indian restaurant.
To prepare this all you need is one cup of fennel seeds, 1.5 tsp of lime juice, ½ tsp turmeric powder and ½ tsp salt. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Close the lid and leave it for couple of hours to bind the flavor of all ingredients.
Take a non stick paan and using medium heat roast the fennel mixture till it becomes crispy. Don’t over roast and burn the mix. Allow it to cool down for an hour or so and store in airtight container.
How much one should consume? 1 tsp after a meal
Benefits: Fennel seeds have been in use in traditional medicine from decades.
- Good remedy for flatulence and indigestion – It contains good amount of dietary fiber that helps in digestion. In turn it removes toxins form the body and keeps body energetic.
- Fennel seed decoction found to increase breast milk in new mothers.
- It relieves colic pain and helps in digestion. It has calming effect on intestine
- It also has soothing effect on nervous system and reduces body pain
- It absorbs cholesterol and helps in excreting extra fat through body and keeps arteries healthy
- It is also diuretic and helps in proper urination.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 31, 2018
Write a comment