If you are staying home during during this COVID19 outbreak, keep yourself and your family healthy with healthy food preparation. Consuming good amount of protein, cooked vegetables, vitamin C and fresh fruits are good choices for better health. While you are home, prepare lemon lentil soup recipe. It is one of the best liquid food that gives great relief for tongue and throat during viral fever. Traditionally it is known as “kattu” in southern States of India. It is an easy recipe, simple to prepare.
- Toor daal (lentil) – 1 cup
- Moong dal – 2 Tbsp
- Lemon – one or two
- Green chilli – 2
- Asafetida – pinch
- Cumin – 1.5 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Pepper – Coarse pepper – 1.5 tsp
- Zinger (grated) – ½ inch
- Turmeric – 1.5 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Chopped cilantro – ¼ cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
How to prepare?
- Wash and pressure cook toor daal and moong dal together.
- Place a vessel on medium heat and add 2 cups of water. Add turmeric, green chilli and salt. Bring the water to boil.
- Now add cooked lentil mix and stir the dal. Continue stirring the dal on medium heat. Add one more cup of water and adjust the salt. Bring the contents to boil. Turn the heat to low.
- In a frying pan, prepare seasoning. Place the vessel on medium heat, add ghee, curry leaves, cumin, mustard, coarse pepper, grated ginger and asafetida too.
- Transfer the seasoning to boiling dal and stir it for couple of more minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and turn off the heat. Allow content to settle down.
- Before serving add lemon juice and serve hot lentil soup.
*You can boil one or two tomatoes, grind and add the paste to lemon lentil soup.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 17, 2020