Methi or Fenugreek seeds have many medicinal properties. Seeds are good for lowering blood cholesterol, friendly for heart, recommended for diabetes condition, aids in digestion, promotes weight losss, good solution for women problems and it also known to reduce hair fall. As the summer is approaching, we feel uncomfortable in hot weather. Fenugreek is also known for its cooling effect. It acts as a coolant. This is another reason methi seeds are added with herbal shampoo preparation. There is another way to reduce impact of hot weather -to keep body cool drink methi khashaya once or twice a day.
Recipe for Methi or Fenugreek khashaya
- Methi powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery- 1 Tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk- ½ cup
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds on low to medium heat. Once the seeds start changing color and sputters, turn off the heat. Do not allow seeds to burn. Transfer the seeds to a plate. Spread hot seeds and allow to cool down.
- Transfer cooled methi seeds to a dry grinder and grind seeds to powder.
- Store methi powder in a clean, dry bottle.
When you want to prepare methi khashaya,
- To one glass boiling water- add jaggery, pepper powder, methi powder. After a minute add milk and continue boiling for another one or two minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat.
- Drink hot khashaya (morning or evening) to get its benefits.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 26, 2020