Valentine’s Day is not only for adults, it is for kids too. It is for everybody who wants to bring change in the world by sharing and showing love. Flowers and fruits are part of Valentine’s day. Roses and apples make a perfect combination to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Prepare apple rose pastry and share with people you love to fulfill the joy of sharing love and affection.
Apple rose recipe
Ingredients for baking:
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 75 grams
- Saffron – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 3 tablespoons
- Apricot spread
Ingredients for apple roses:
- Apple – 1 medium sized, cut into very thin slices
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Butter – 40 grams
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons
1. In a bowl, add butter, saffron, sugar and cinnamon powder and mix well.
2. Add all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl and little by little add water and mix well to make a smooth dough. Mix well and keep aside.
How to make apple rose
3. Cut apple into thin slices, sprinkle lemon juice and water. Microwave apple slices for 3-4 minutes. Cool the apple slices to room temperature.
4. Take dough and make a rectangular sheet by rolling it. Cut strips of 8-inch long and about less than an inch wide.
5. Apply butter, little apricot spread and sugar-cinnamon powder on it.
6. Arrange the apple slice on the dough, overlapping one another. When you arrange let the skin portion stick out of the strip.
7. Now, fold the bottom part of the dough. Roll the sheet with arranged apple slices gently to make a beautiful rose.
8. Similarly, prepare more apple roses and sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top of the apple roses.
9. Preheat the oven at 200-degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Place parchment paper on the baking sheet or in baking cups. Place the apple roses on trays.
10. Bake for 35 minutes – edges of pastry should become brownish and crispy.
11. Serve apple roses with tea or as a dessert item.
Image courtesy: http://www.tosimplyinspire.com/
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 10, 2017