Raw Mango Lentil soup
Soon mango season will start. It is time to prepare mango pickle, mango rasam, mango gojju and other dishes using raw mango.
This year add raw mango lentil soup to your list. It is healthy, contains protein and mango content helps for easy digestion.
What you need?
- Raw mango – one medium size
- Fenugreek leaves – ¼ cup
- Green chilli – 1
- Cilantro (coriander) – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Toor daal (lentil) – Cooked ¼ cup
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt – As needed
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Cook toor daal, garlic and little turmeric powder in pressure cooker and allow it to cool
- Grate mango and ginger
- Using a mixer grind cooked toor daal mix, cilantro, grated mango.
- Heat a vessel on medium heat and add little oil. To heated oil add a tsp of cumin, crushed black pepper, one red chilli and curry leaves.
- To the above seasoning now slowly add, grinded toor daal – mango paste followed by 2 cups of water
- Boil the content and add salt.
- Serve hot soup before lunch or dinner.
For more mango recipes see in vegetarian recipe category.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 5, 2018
Write a comment