There are many Fenugreek recipes available and today we are presenting you another traditional recipe – Healthy Fenugreek raita.
Fenugreek has gained so much importance because of all its good and beneficial medicinal properties.
Fenugreek seeds or leaves – both serve tremendous benefits especially to diabetic patients. It is an excellent source to lose weight.
Try this during summer time to keep body cool and feel pleasant.
- Fenugreek seeds: ½ tsp
- Cumin: ½ tsp
- Red chilli – Two
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curd (or thick buttermilk) – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Urad daal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – Few
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for seasoning
- On medium heat place a frying pan and add ghee. To heated ghee add fenugreek sees, cumin, red chilli and fry till cumin releases its aroma.
- Add grated coconut and fry for few seconds and turn off the heat. Allow fried mix to cool
- Grind above mix with salt and water.
- Meanwhile, beat curd to smooth texture. You can use thick buttermilk instead of curd.
- Transfer the content to a vessel, add curd and mix well.
- In seasoning pan get ready for seasoning by heating oil. Add mustard, ½ red chilli, curry leaves and asafetida. Transfer seasoning to fenugreek raita.
You can mix white or brown rice with fenugreek raita. One can also have this as side dish for pulav, fried rice or vegetable rice.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: March 30, 2018