Do you want to increase your gut health? Vegetable salads are best for gut health. Carrots are alkaline in nature and helps to maintain pH of gut system and helps in easy digestion. It reduces constipation. Carrot can be consumed raw. To increase the taste one can prepare carroty curry or carrot coconut salad and have as a side dish with rice and chapati or eat salad as it is.
Carrot coconut salad : Preparation time 20 mins
- Carrots – 5 (organic is preferred)
- Cucumber – 1
- Grated fresh coconut -1 cup
- Lemon- 1
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Cilantro – chopped ½ cup
- Wash and peel carrots and grate
- Wash and peel cucumber and cut into small pieces
- Mix carrot, green chilli and cut cucumber in a large bowl
- Add lemon juice, black pepper and salt and mix carrot and cucumber well
- Place a pan on medium heat, add oil and rest of the tampering ingredients. Get ready with seasoning.
- Allow seasoning to cool and add to carrot cucumber salad
- Add grated coconut, chopped cilantro, mix well and serve with bread, chapati or rice as a side dish.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 20, 2019