Aromatic herb bread is tasty and easy to prepare. Adding certain herbs and little bit of green chili enhances taste of herb bread. If you have bread machine it is much easier to prepare herb bread. If not, try the old way, kneed the flour using a wooden spoon and hands until the dough ball cleanly separates from sides of the bowl. Try the spicy herb bread for evening snack or morning breakfast.
- Bread flour – 3 cups
- Baked potato – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsp
- Butter – unsalted 1 Tbsp
- Rosemary – chopped 1 Tbsp
- Thyme- chopped 1 Tbsp
- Chive – chopped 1 Tbsp
- Green chilli – chopped one chilli
- Olive oil- 1 Tbsp
- Water – warm 2 cups
- In a bowl add ¼ tsp instant yeast to one cup warm water and 1 cup bread flour. Blend the mix to create sponge texture. Cover with lid and leave it aside.
- Add boiled potato (keep little potato aside) butter, salt, yeast, chopped herbs, chopped chilli and warm water to stand mixer and mix. Add water or flour to make a dough ball.
- Remove the dough ball and knead the dough ball
- Now add remaining potatoes in the dough ball – insert in the center and edges of dough ball
- Apply olive oil, cover with lid and keep it aside till the dough ball doubles its size.
- Bake the bread at 400F for about 30-45 minutes. You can bake entire dough ball or make small balls and bake.
- Serve hot baked bread for supper or breakfast with butter.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 10, 2019