Adding vegetable to rice is one way to consume vegetables to keep our self healthy.
One easy, fast, delicious recipe helps us to eat varieties of vegetables is “Veg Fried rice”.
Call it Indian or Chinese or Indo-Chinese veg fried rice (it depends on the ingredients), veg fried rice is always delicious and yummy.
It can be prepared in less time and needs less effort.
All you need is couple of ingredients that you need to grab from super market –Soy sauce and vinegar – if you have it in your kitchen, then you are good to go!
Try Veg Fried Rice for lunch, breakfast or dinner.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups (you can use long grain rice too)
- Soya sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar – ¾ Tbsp
- Salt – as per your need
- Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Vegetable oil – 2 Tbsp
- Carrot – Small cut pieces ½ cup
- Bell pepper – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped beans – ½ cup
- Finely grated/chopped cabbage – ¼ cup
- Spring onion chopped – ¼ cup
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Cilantro – 2 Tbsp
- Option: Anise seeds (1/4 tsp for flavor)
- Wash and cook rice with little oil. Addling little oil helps rice to be lose and not sticky.
- Heat oil in pan and add chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped vegetables and green peas- except bell pepper and fry them for couple of minutes. Add bell pepper and fry for few seconds.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and salt to fried veggies and mix.
- Add cooked rice and pepper powder and mix well on medium heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and spring onion.
- Serve hot fried rice with your choice. Generally side dishes like chutney, sauce, gobi Manchurian, chilli-pepper fry or raita goes well with Veg fried rice.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 2, 2018