Lemon rice is one of the famous dish from South India. It is easy to prepare and very delicious. Use medium grain size rice to prepare lemon rice instead of Basmati type aromatic of rice. Medium grain size will give good taste and lemon flavor which will not be masked by any other aroma.
- Rice -1 cup
- Onion large size- 1
- Mustard -¼ tsp
- Chana dal- 1 tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Ground nut -½ cup
- Green chillies -4-5
- Curry leaves -1 strand
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice -3-4 tsp
- Oil -1 Tbsp
- Wash and cook the rice in pressure cooker. Keep aside.After 15 minutes spread the rice on a plate.
- Make thin slices of onion. Slit the green chillies, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, chana dal, urad dal one by one. Saute them. When they become light brown add groundnut and again saute for few minutes.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves. Fry them.
- Add sliced onion and little salt, fry them till transparent. Add turmeric powder, mix well. Switch off the stove.
- Now add cooked rice, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve Lemon rice with hot coffee/tea.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 30, 2016