Even though restaurants are opening and carry out is available, many are not ready to take risk of visiting restaurant for pickup. This delicious, homemade yellow squash sweet potato combination soup is perfect to lift your mood on a gloomy day and will give you the same feeling of having restaurant soup. This recipe has fewer ingredients and very easy to prepare.
Both yellow squash and sweet potato are good foods that are recommended in weight loss diet. Yellow squash is high in Vitamin B6, C, and A. It has folate, magnesium, riboflavin, potassium and phosphorous. It is packed with good nutrients to boost bone strength and immunity.
Sweet potato contains fiber, Vitamin A, B and C, calcium, iron, carotenoids and selenium. It is anti-inflammatory vegetable. Unlike potatoes, sweet potato is recommended for diabetic condition because of its low glycemic index and essential fibers. In addition, it is stress buster veggie because of high magnesium content.
- Yellow squash – 3 small size
- Sweet potato – 1 medium size
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Tomato – 1
- Zinger – 1 inch
- Cumin- ½ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash and peel yellow squash skin. Cut yellow squash to small pieces.
- Wash and cut sweet potato to small pieces.
- Chop onion and zinger. Cut tomato to small pieces.
- Place a deep vessel on medium heat. Add 2 tsp oil and add cumin, black pepper, chopped onion and zinger. Saute onion till it turns brown. Add cut tomato and continue mixing (if you prefer little more spice, add one or two green chilis).
- Add cut yellow squash and saute few minutes. Add sweet potato pieces and continue to mix all ingredients.
- Now add one cup water and close the lid. Let the contents cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Once sweet potato and yellow squash cooks turn off heat and allow content to cool.
- Transfer the contents to a grinder and grind to paste. You can little more water if needed.
- Now transfer the paste to a vessel, add cinnamon powder, salt and little more water to get soup consistency.
- Before serving sprinkle chopped cilantro and then serve hot soup.
Image : © www.werindia.com
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: August 27, 2020