Are you an athlete and are you looking for something that is nutritious, keeps blood pressure under control, and helps in blood flow? Here is an answer: Try Beet juice. The beet or beetroot is added to the list of new super food because of its multiple health benefits. – Dementia, body inflammation, digestion (constipation), wounds, skin problems and several other conditions can be regulated by consuming this simple juice.
If you have sore throat, constipation problem and want to keep your body hydrated there is another super food namely Radish!. There are different reasons to “eat your radish”! It can be added to salad as a main ingredient that helps in relieving constipation. It contains good amount of vitamin c and folates, vitamin B-6, riboflavin, thiamin and minerals such as iron, magnesium, copper and calcium. They are source of phytochemicals like indoles which are detoxifying agents (Healthylife.werindia.com)
Try these simple two recipes with Beet and radish.
- Beetroot medium size 3-4
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder 2-3 tsp
- Soak the Beetroot in salt water for 30 mins(2 times).
- Wash and grate the Beetroot.(No need to peel the skin).
- Squeeze the grated beetroot into a bowl. Add coconut milk and jaggery powder. Mix well.
- Super healthy Beet root juice is ready to serve.
- Grated Radish 1 cup
- Grated coconut 2 tsp
- Green chillies 4
- Curry leaf 1 strand
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves ¼ cup
- Urad dal 2 tsp
- Oil 1 tsp
- Combine grated radish, green chillies, grated coconut, lemon juice and Salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
- For seasoning, heat oil add mustard seeds, when it splutters add urad dal and curry leaves. Switch off the stove and mix it with step 1. Finally add coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe and image by: Mamatha Anil (Bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com)
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 12, 2016