A vitamin C rich Spanish soup popularly known as Gazpacho is good for summer heat. Generally, this soup calls for cucumber and green bell pepper. If you desire, you can make variation by adding your choice of veggies.
Beat summer hot with this cool soup.
- Medium sized tomatoes: 4-5
- Cucumber medium size-2
- Red onion medium – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Bell pepper – 1
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – Per taste
- Chopped coriander – 2 Tbsp
- Bread slices (optional) – 2
- Green apple – half
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp (or use cayenne pepper)
- Peel cucumber skin and cut into small pieces. Cut tomatoes into 4 pieces. Cut onion into small pieces. Cut bell pepper and green apple also into small pieces.
- Soak bread pieces in water for a minute and squeeze to remove excess water
- Transfer all ingredients including black pepper and salt into a mixer blender and blend to a puree, if needed add little water.
- Strain the blended contents into a bowl. Add chopped cilantro. Stir the contents.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
- Serve with croutons.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 29, 2021