In olden days drinking to conquer thirst, people used to drink coconut water, lemon juice, butter milk, sweetened rice water, Borassus water and plain water.
Tag: indian culture
The ruling British objected to the tradition of training with and carrying arms. Laws were passed and were implemented with zest to prevent the people from practicing and training in martial arts like kalaripayattu.
Horse gram is rich source of calcium amongst all the legumes. It contains iron, folate and abundant protein content.
Mouth fresheners are available in different forms in market. Chewing gum is also a type of mouth freshener. When you are in India, you will see people chewing “pan or paan” after meal.
Derived from the Sanskrit word yuj, Yoga means union of the individual consciousness or soul with the Universal Consciousness or Spirit.
Breadfruit is an attractive fruit that is tropical in origin. It is similar to jackfruit and belongs to same plant family.
They are popular in Tibet, China, Bhutan..
Super Brain Yoga is an ancient yogic exercise. It is a simple yet powerful technique used to fuel and sustain a healthy brain in order to enhance the capability of the brain to retain and process information.
Know about WeRIndia
- Foods to Avoid a Fracture
- Novel sugar detector system in the human mouth has implications for designing tastier, healthier beverages and foods
- New study calls for mitigation, monitoring of common grease-proofing food packaging chemicals
- Proof in produce: Voucher program may help diabetes patients manage their health
- Fasting is required to see the full benefit of calorie restriction in mice
- Filling half of kids' plates with fruits and veggies helps increase consumption