In olden days drinking to conquer thirst, people used to drink coconut water, lemon juice, butter milk, sweetened rice water, Borassus water and plain water.
Tag: indian culture
The ruling British objected to the tradition of training with and carrying arms. Laws were passed and were implemented with zest to prevent the people from practicing and training in martial arts like kalaripayattu.
Horse gram is rich source of calcium amongst all the legumes. It contains iron, folate and abundant protein content.
Mouth fresheners are available in different forms in market. Chewing gum is also a type of mouth freshener. When you are in India, you will see people chewing “pan or paan” after meal.
Derived from the Sanskrit word yuj, Yoga means union of the individual consciousness or soul with the Universal Consciousness or Spirit.
Breadfruit is an attractive fruit that is tropical in origin. It is similar to jackfruit and belongs to same plant family.
They are popular in Tibet, China, Bhutan..
Super Brain Yoga is an ancient yogic exercise. It is a simple yet powerful technique used to fuel and sustain a healthy brain in order to enhance the capability of the brain to retain and process information.
Know about WeRIndia
- Nutrition & Mental Health
- Metabolic changes in fat tissue in obesity associated with adverse health effects
- A sulfosugar from green vegetables promotes the growth of important gut bacteria
- Childhood diet and exercise creates healthier, less anxious adults
- Late night snacks may hurt your workplace performance, study finds
- Losing weight through exercise