Salt has several other benefits apart from adding to get taste in the food.
Salt helps in getting clear skin and healthy look.
- Salt scrub – Mix 6 tsp of sea salt with 12 tsp of olive oil or coconut. Apply this lightly on the skin. Gently scrub on the skin in circular motion. Don’t apply near eyes. This is a rejuvenating scrub.
- For nails – To half cup warm water, add one tsp of salt and little baking soda. Mix and add one tsp of lemon juice. Dip your fingers in this water for about 10 minutes. Your finger nails will get healthy look.
- For rough heel – Add few tsp on salt in warm water. Mix well and soak your feet in this water for 15 minutes. After removing feet from water, scrub the heels to remove dry skin. This also helps in keeping feet healthy.
- Honey – salt scrub – Mix salt and honey in 2:4 ratio. Mix well and apply on the skin. Avoid near eyes. Leave for 10 minutes and wash face. This will remove dead skin and also gives a glowing look. Honey and salt have anti-inflammatory properties and soothe skin. With this helps in keeping skin hydrated.
- Salt steam – Expose face to salt steam for few minutes every week. This removes any black heads and reduces acne, pimple and skin looks healthy.
- Sea salt – Mix a tsp of sea salt in warm water (1/2 glass). Dissolve salt and transfer it to a spray bottle. Mist the salt water on clean skin. Avoid misting on or near eyes. This helps to cleanse pores in the face and balances oil production. Reduces bacterial infection that usually results in acne.
- Salt with Aloe vera – Another rejuvenating scrub that exfoliates the skin. Aloe vera is known for its positive effect on the skin. Mix half a cup of salt and Aloe vera juice or gel. To this add a ¼ cup of olive or coconut oil and few drops (5) of lavender essential oil. Mix well and farm a paste. Apply this on skin and scrub gently in circular motion. Take a bath in warm water. Skin will give rejuvenated look with this scrub. Do this at least once a month.
- Salt as teeth whitener – Mix salt and baking soda (1:2). Apply water on toothbrush and dampen it. Dip the damp toothbrush in the mixture and brush teeth. If salt feeling is too much in the mouth, apply little toothpaste on the brush and dip in the salt mixture.
- Epsom salt bath – To remove the body ache and reduce swelling in feet, have bath in Epsom salt water. Epsom salt contains magnesium that absorbed by the skin will help system to balance the muscle and nerve system. This is a good treatment for the feet and calves if you are getting pain due to wearing high heel shoes.
- Creating waves in hair – Mixture of sea salt, coconut oil and water helps in creating that magic hair! Mix 2:2 sea salt and coconut oil and add a cup of water. Transfer the mix into spray bottle. After shower mist on the hair and allow it to dry. After drying you will get that wavy hair look!
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 28, 2018