- If your fridge is smelling because of stored vegetables try this. Take a potato, remove skin and cut into half. Add little boiling water and a tsp of salt. Store this in refrigerator for a day. Smell goes away!
- If you preparing lemon rice, pulav or cumin rice – add a tsp of cooking oil while cooking the rice. Rice won’t be overcooked and will be perfect for these dishes!
- While boiling milk, keep the milk container slightly moisturized. Cream that comes while boiling the milk will not get stick to the container.
- Add little baking soda to scrubber and clean the stainless stove surface. It gives shine to the surface.
- Sometimes vegetables can loosen the freshness and become bit dry. Don’t throw them. Wash and soak these vegetables in salt water overnight. You will get fresh look in vegetables next day morning.
- Do not throw extra chopped herbs. Instead, store them in ice cube trays with little olive oil. Use them when you need.
- If you have extra curry leaves, dry and store leaves in an air tight container.
- To peel tomato skin – Slice the top off and then make an X mark at the opposite side – bottom. Boil them in boiling water for few seconds and peel the skin after cooling !
- To freeze food – soup, curry, rice use flat and wider containers. This will freeze dishes faster and defrost also will be faster.
- To extend lifespan of washed herbs, cut the root and store them in damp paper towel inside zipper-lock bags. Keep seals left open slightly and place it in vegetable drawer.
Grandma’s tips: www.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: November 29, 2017