Some kitchen hacks are really useful and makes our kitchen work easy.
- If you are using cutting board to cut vegetables and cutting board is moving chances of cutting your fingers is always there. Don’t worry, place a damp paper towel under the cutting board and it is secured in one place
- To peel ginger skin, if you don’t have a peeler or misplaced it use a spoon instead of knife.
- To peel garlic cloves, take whole garlic and separate cloves by putting pressure. Transfer the cloves in a bottle, put the lid and shake well.
- Other way to peel garlic clove is, keep cloves in a microwave container and warm it for 15 secs. Now it is easy to peel the garlic skin.
- If butter is too hard and have difficulty in spreading on toast all you need to do is, take a knife and glass of hot water. Dip knife in the water and cut the butter.
- If the bread or bun that you bought from store becomes hard and not yet expired, take the bread and cover with a wet paper towel. Bake for 5 minutes. Bread or bun, it becomes soft. Alternatively you can keep in microwave for few seconds.
- To keep cut fruits from browning, mix lemon juice with honey and sprinkle on the cut fruits.
- To remove seeds from cucumber and squash fruit, use a ice-cream scooper.
- If you find it hard to peel citrus fruit skin, microwave fruit for just few seconds and peeling of skin becomes easy!
- To stop onions hurting and tearing your eyes, after peeling keep onion for few minutes in freezer. Or hold a bread piece in your mouth. It absorbs Sulfur from onion.
- If you cannot spread the hard butter, then use a grater to grate it like cheese and spread it on the bread
- If honey in the kitchen is crystallized, take a bowl of water and boil it. Place the honey container in the hot water bowl – you will get de-crystallized honey.
- To keep left over cakes for few more days, keep sliced breads with cake. Bread keeps the cake moisture for sometime.
- To get clear ice cubes, boil and cool the water before putting in ice cube maker.
- To avoid mess while boiling liquids or broth in a pot, place a wooden spoon across on top of the pot. Being a poor conductor of heat, wooden peace stops over boiling and the mess.
Online Grandma: Grandma’s tips