Why Should We Consider Eating Soaked Almonds
Almond trees are native of Mediterranean region. As an egomaniacally important tree crop it is grown in United States, Spain, Australia, Italy, Morocco and many other countries. Almond taste is earthy and nut. One can eat almonds raw by breaking the ripened fruit shell or in soaked, cooked form. Almonds are used in snacks, desserts, cookies. Almond milk is a replacement for dairy milk in vegan plant-based diet.
Soaking almond is a traditional practice and soaked almonds are given to expectant mothers to improve their health and baby’s growth. By soaking almonds one can easily digest and absorb the beneficial nutrients present in almond. Soaked almond is source of Vitamin E, minerals, protein, Omega 3 fatty acid and dietary fiber.
- Every day one need about 7-8 almonds
- Wash and soak 7-8 almonds in a bowl
- Only if you want add little salt, if not just soak plain almonds
- Morning drain the water and peel the almond skin
- To get full benefits of soaked almonds, consume soaked almonds in empty stomach 15-20 minutes before your coffee and breakfast.
Benefits of eating soaked almonds:
- Improves digestion: Soaking almonds makes it easy on digestive system. The dietary fiber helps to improve health of digestive tract and reduces bloating.
- Good for weight management: It is good source protein and contains enzyme lipase and magnesium that help in metabolism and weight loss. One can also add soaked almonds in salad.
- For brain health: Vitamin E present is almond helps to improve memory and health of brain. Easily available protein from soaked almond makes it an important brainfood. Phenylalanine in almonds reduces cognitive decline. It is good nutrition source for elderly.
- Immune and energy booster: For overall energy level increase almond is one of the best solutions. Healthy fats, protein and vitamins B and E are reason for this. As it also controls blood sugar level, it will keep immune system healthy.
- Good for heart health: Omega 3 fatty acid, potassium and protein along with magnesium makes heart healthy. All these ingredients are present in soaked almonds at necessary level.
- Can be included in diabetic diet: Those who have high sugar complaint, can also include almonds in diet. It helps to balance magnesium level and regulates blood sugar by slowing absorption of sugar in blood stream.
- Regulates blood pressure levels: Because of potassium and omega 3 fatty acids, almonds controls blood flow and makes it easy on heart by reducing the chances of having congestion in artery.
- Fights cholesterol: To reduce bad or LDL cholesterol make sure to include almond in your morning diet. Good fiber, magnesium and protein support easy blood flow by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Good for hair health: Almond oil is highly recommended for hair health because of vitamin E and protein. Soaked almond provides both of these nutrients in daily diet and reduces hair fall, improves scalp health and improves hair growth.
- Best skin remedy: Vitamin E in soaked almonds helps to keep skin moisturized and protects skin. Antioxidants will help to remove free radicals that damages skin. It helps in skin rejuvenation and makes skin smoother and healthier.
- Good for pregnancy: Consuming soaked almonds is a traditional practice for expectant mother from first month itself. It helps to grow nervous system and brain of the fetus properly and keeps mother health in good condition. Folate, riboflavin, magnesium in almonds support proper development of the nervous system.
Image credit: Imagen de Oana Durican en Pixabay (CC by 0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: May 2, 2023
« Remedies for Post herpetic neuralgia PHN Pain after shingles The Many Health Benefits Of Chrysanthemum »
Write a comment