Every now and then we get sick in small or big way.
Do you know the common and inexpensive home remedy stuffs that are sitting in our kitchen cabinets can help us during common sickness?
1. Ginger for cramps: Friendly ginger can improve blood flow and reduce inflammation in the muscles, including those in the uterus where cramps originate.
2. Cranberries for urinary tract health: Drinking one to two glasses of cranberry juice a day of will help prevent recurrence of urinary tract infection.
3. Turmeric: “holy healing powder” : Foods with curcumin have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties so they can help with cleansing and healing,
4. Oatmeal for itching: Grind 1/3 cup of plain oatmeal into a fine powder using your blender. Pour the powder into lukewarm water and stir in evenly with hands until the water is a milky color and take bath. Another way is to take 1/4 cup of oatmeal and enough water to make a paste and apply directly to the skin for 10 minutes and wash.
5. For fluffy eyes: Cucumber slices perfectly fit to the contours of your eyes to help reduce swelling,
6. Prunes for constipation: Eat prunes. Prunes are rich in insoluble fiber, a key nutrient to help fight constipation.
7. Eat apple for heartburn: Apples have pectin, a soluble fiber that’s really great at absorbing stomach acid.
8. Sugar: Fool body to stop hiccups by putting a teaspoon of sugar underneath your tongue. Hiccups are gone by hiding sugar underneath tongue.
9. Almond for PMS: Most middle aged menstruating women experience PMS symptom each month. Apart from dairy products are rich in calcium consume almonds to come out from PMS.
10. Honey: Honey offers antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an ideal solution for sore throats, burns, wounds, coughs and much more.
11. Lemons: Skin care to digestion to prevent cancer – lemons needed for all. Use good amount of lemon in your food.
12. Garlic: Suffering from arthritis pain and cholesterol? – Start eating garlic every day morning – consuming one clove of garlic creates wonder.
13. Cinnamon: Want to reduce weight and fight cholesterol? Drink cinnamon tea. Cholesterol will reduce in the body.
14. Baking soda helps in headache: A headache can be treated with a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a cup of warm water with 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
15. Nutmeg for diarrhea and insomnia: Grated nutmeg soothes diarrhea and upset tummies. Use a nutmeg grater to grate a small amount (about 1/8 teaspoon) into warm milk. Grind nutmeg and add it to warm water or milk and drink before going to bed to get good night sleep!
16. Coriander seeds: Boil coriander seeds (2 tsp) in 2 cups water and drink to keep your weight under control!
17. Cumin seeds: Powder cumin seeds and add it to yogurt/curd and eat to reduce bloating and weight gain.
18. Asafoetida: Add pinch of asafetida to buttermilk and drink. This remedy reduces gas. For taste add little salt.
19. Clove: Suffering from bad breath or toothache? Eat one clove for bad breath and place a crushed clove in cotton and keep it inside near aching tooth.
20. Black pepper: Cold, cough and throat infection – prepare Indian rasam (soup) using black pepper and drink to soothe the system.
21. Cardamom: Bad breath – eat one or two cardamom to come out from that breath.
Source: Grandma remedies, www.werindia.com
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: June 8, 2017