Instead of using chemicals on the body one can use natural ways to get rid of that “unwanted” hair from various parts of the body. In women, these unwanted hairs develop when androgens and testosterone hormones increases in the body.
Shaving, tweezing and threading are common techniques one can use, however these methods need to be repeated often.
There are other different ways to remove unwanted hair that does not permit growth of hair for long time.
1. Sugar wax:
Use sugar and lemon juice this way!
- Heat sugar in a pan with lemon juice and prepare a sticky paste.
- Allow it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Apply little facial powder to the affected area followed by aiding the sugary paste/wax – spread it using a wooden spoon. Leave for few minutes
- Use a cloth, apply on the surface of the paste and quickly pull the cloth – it hurts a little but you can manage.
- Waxing: Lower leg and underarm hairs can be removed by waxing. Waxing removes hair for a longer period without producing any stubble.
- Spearmint Tea: Drink a cup of spearmint tea in the morning every day. Spearmint tea can help decrease the testosterone levels.
- Raw papaya: For facial hair removal turmeric with raw papaya helps too. Prepare papaya paste by peeling and grinding raw papaya pieces. Mix turmeric powder with raw papaya paste. Apply on the face and massage slowly. Wash using Luke warm water. Repeat at least once a week to reduce hair growth on face.
- Potato: Do you know potato is a natural bleaching agent? Try this method –
Take a bowl of yellow lentil and soak it overnight. Morning hours grind the lentil to a paste. Peel a bowl of potato and grind it. Collect the potato water using a sieve or muslin cloth. Add a Tbs of honey, 3 Tbs of lemon juice and the potato water to lentil paste and mix well. Apply this to affected area. Leave it for half an hour and allow it to dry. Remove the dried paste and wash the area using water.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has importance both in cooking as well as a medicine. Traditionally applying turmeric paste daily to face to get rid of hair and to get good glow in the skin is a practice in Indian women. Try turmeric in different ways:
- Turmeric powder and Gram (chickpea) Flour – Prepare a paste of turmeric powder, gram flour using yogurt. Gently apply it to the affected portion of the skin and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. Then scrub the paste thoroughly. Apply paste 1-2 times a week for about 3 to 4 months for permanent result.
- Mix turmeric powder in milk or milk cream and prepare paste. Apply on the face – on cheek, forehead, chin and above lips. Leave it for 10-20 minutes. Wash using warm water.
7. Chickpea flour mask: Chickpeas mask gives a soft and shiny look to skin and helps in removal of unwanted hair. In a bowl mix chickpea, milk, turmeric powder and milk cream. Prepare paste and apply on the face in the direction of hair growth. After half an hour rub the flour mask in the opposite direction of hair growth. Wash face using warm water. Repeat this once or twice a week to get permanent benefit
8. Use alum and rose water paste : Mix ½ tsp of alum powder in 2-3 Tbs of rose water. Using a cotton ball apply this mix to areas where you are uncomfortable with hair. Let it dry. Once it dries reapply the mix again. Repeat this for one or two more times. Wash the areas and apply sesame oil to moisturize the area.
9. Honey, oatmeal and lemon juice: Mix 1 Tbs of honey, ½ Tbs of ground oatmeal and few drops of lemon juice. Apply on face like mask and leave it for 15 to 20 mins. Wash using warm water. Repeat this at least once a week for next one or two months for permanent result.
10. Coffee powder and baking soda: Mix 2 Tbs of coffee powder with 1 tsp of baking soda. Rub this on the areas (hands, legs) for few minutes, slowly. Hair follicles will fall off and hair growth will prevent
11. Diet: To reduce hormonal imbalance, take help of good nutrients that can neutralize it. Phytoestrogen is a plant hormone like human female hormone, estrogens. Including several herbs and regular consumption of flaxseeds, fennel seeds and herb, alfalfa, licorice, gotu kola ( Centella species) – will help to reduce imbalance in hormone and reduces unwanted hair growth. Avoid eating much fatty foods and high glycemic index content foods.
Suggestion: Test any method on a small unexposed area of your skin. If there is any reaction or allergy, then stop further use of any method that can harm your skin.