These tips are healthy and tasty too.
- Fry 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp black pepper. To this add 2 or 3 Indian gooseberries, hing (asafetida) and grind with ½ cup fresh grated coconut. Mix this with curd, add salt. You can have this with rice or eat few spoons in the afternoon.
- To one cup buttermilk add 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp dry neem powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder. Add little salt for taste, mix and drink.
- For 1 cup curry leaf, add few black pepper, 1 tsp cumin, little asafetida and salt to taste. Grind to fine powder. Mix with rice and ghee – have this twice a day for a week beginning of lunch or dinner. This increases appetite and metabolism.
- Take few 20 garlic cloves, add little turmeric and salt. Fry this in 1 tsp oil. Have this either in empty stomach or as a side dish with your meal. You can add this to salad too. This increases appetite and metabolism.
- Take 1 inch ginger – to this add ½ cup grated coconut, hing and salt. Grind and mix with thick buttermilk or curd. Mix with rice and have in the afternoon.
- Cut tender radish to thin discs. Add salt and black pepper powder and have it before meal.
- Prepare powder using sweet flag, coriander and cumin seeds. Store in an air tight container. Prepare khashayam (traditional tea), add milk and drink.
- To hot water, add little clove powder and drink once or twice a week in the morning hours. This helps to clear the stomach and increases appetite.
- To tender coconut water add little jaggery and grated ginger – drink this two times a day. This helps to cool the system, increases appetite.
- Dry roast onion, add little jaggery and consume during dinner time. This helps to get sleep and increases metabolism too.
- Turmeric water – To one cup boiling water, add ½ tsp turmeric powder and bring water content to half. Add little pepper powder and drink. This clears the stomach, intestine and helps to get back normal appetite.
- Prepare tamarind pulp in water (½ lemon size tamarind pulp and 2 cups water). To this add 3-4 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon, a little pepper and sugar. Boil this water. Drink ½ glass every day or alternate days to improve appetite. (If you have acidity then drink this twice a week).
- Grate ginger and mix with little jaggery. Consume a tea spoon of this every morning with breakfast.
- Indian Pickles – Indian gooseberry, lemon and tender mango pickle with rice porridge, curd rice or millet porridge. Pickles increases taste bud action and appetite.
- Grind – ½ coriander /cilantro, ¼ cup mint leaves with 1 green chilli, pinch of asafetida, 1 tsp cumin and salt as per your taste with little buttermilk. Remove and add more buttermilk and have a glass of this delicious and spicy buttermilk drink one hour before to lunch. Coriander and mint together will increase metabolism and appetite.
Grandma’s remedies: Healthylife.werindia.com