Many reasons can cause dizziness and vertigo. For simple dizziness that comes and goes one can try few home remedies.
- Water: Dehydration is one the reason that can worsen the dizziness. Drink plenty of water and a glass of cold water when you feel the symptom of dizziness helps
- Ginger tea: Congestion can also cause dizziness. Reduce congestion by drinking hot ginger tea.
- Humidifier: Running a humidifier with Vicks or eucalyptus oil can help to reduce congestion and dizziness.
- Hot steam treatment: To boiling water add few drops of eucalyptus oil. Keep the vessel on a table. Cover your head with towel and expose your face to steam.
- Indian gooseberry: Soak few gooseberry pieces (raw or dried) in a glass of water and drink in empty stomach in the morning.
- Chamomile tea: Dizziness can happen due to anxiety and over worked nerves. Reduce tension and relax nerves by drinking chamomile tea.
- Pumpkin seeds and almond: To a table spoon of pumpkin seeds add 12 almonds and three tablespoons of wheat and soak overnight. Next day morning grind this with 2 cloves to a paste. Boil milk and add this mix. Coll and drink this. Repeat this for few days. Either you can make fresh or prepare and store in refrigerator.
- Turmeric milk: Drinking turmeric milk with saffron and little sugar helps to sleep. Sleeplessness is one of the reason for dizziness.
- Lemon juice with pepper: Mix lemon juice in water and add crushed black pepper (1/4 tsp). Add a pinch of salt to it. Drink once or twice a day. Gives relief from dizziness.
- Fenugreek, ajwain and coriander seeds: Soak one tsp of each of these in 16 oz water. Boil and drink this water. This helps in digestion and releases any dizziness symptoms due to nausea and indigestion.
- Coriander seeds and gooseberry: Overnight Soak equal amount of Indian gooseberry powder and coriander seeds in a cup of water. Strain this water and drink.
- Citrus fruit peels: Smelling citrus fruit peels reduces dizziness. You can also powder a tsp of dry peels and mix with yogurt and consume.
- Essential oil help: Peppermint and lavender oil massaging on forehead helps to improve circulation and reduces anxiety and dizziness.
- Dry ginger in salt: Chewing lightly salted dry ginger helps to reduce nausea and dizziness.
- Cut down oily food: Eating oily food and junk food can result in uneasiness and can drain energy. This may result in dizziness symptoms.
- Reduce coffee and alcohol: Consumption of these two drinks can cause dizziness. Reduce both coffee and alcohol consumption.
- Sitting in Sun for a long time: Yes, Sun gives vitamin D. However, sitting in Sun for longer hours can dehydrate the system resulting in dizziness. Try to use a shadow over your head or carry an umbrella if at all you must be in Sun.
- Yoga poses helps: Child pose, downward dog, viparita karani (or leg against wall pose), plough pose or halasana, head stand and shoulder stand – these are recommended for blood circulation and helps in reducing dizziness.
- Sleep: Getting good amount of sleep helps to recover from dizziness. Lack of sleep or disturbed sleep can only make it worse. Instead of late nights, go to bed on time and get enough amount of sleep. It really helps.
Grandma’s remedies – www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 17, 2017