Leaving shoes outside :Reasons to leave shoes outside the house or in designated place:
- In houses with young infants and toddlers might pick up food from floor and end up sick. Children under age 2 are more vulnerable to microbes and germs that we carry inside the house. On an average 80 times an hour a child will put its hands in the mouth!
- People who have weaker immune system might catch allergy easily
- Microbes can transfer easily to food causing illness
- Not everyone looks at the bottom of shoe or wipe it before entering the house – they may carry disgusting things under the shoe that goes on the carpet and clean floor. You will be surprised to know the list of germs you might be carrying in your shoe.
- Scientists claim that shoes are dirtier than a toilet seat. Toilets seats carry about 1000 germs and shoes way more than that.
What changes you will see?
- Safe places to crawl for babies and toddlers: Removing shoes keeps floor much cleaner and germs won’t share playing, crawling space with babies.
- Health : Families overall health will be good. There won’t be health issues such as UTI, flu, pneumonia, meningitis or diarrhea. Children might bring allergies and sickness from school. At least you know that your house floor is not causing issue!
- Clean floors: One can notice dramatic difference in the way floor looks. There won’t be soiled marks, shoe impression, visible dirt on the floor. You don’t need to put too much effort to clean the floor.
Remove shoes as soon as you enter the door. Make it a habit.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 1, 2020