Coriander seeds give multiple health benefits. Apart from traditional medicines like Ayurveda, in India people use coriander herb and seeds in many home remedies as well. These seeds are spherical and end is slightly pointed.
Dhana Dal is famous Indian mouth freshener consumed after meals and snacks. It has a nutty flavor that blends very well with other aromatic ingredients.
When crushed seeds give lemony citrus flavor and bit of spicy odor. Unshelled coriander seeds split into two halves is called dal. It is the core of cilantro seeds.
Dhana dal is prepared by roasting these split coriander seeds and adding pinch of salt.
How much to consume: One tea spoon after meal.
- Freshens breath: It contains citronellol compound. It is antiseptic in nature and keeps mouth ulcers from getting worse. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Digestion: Fibrous content of coriander makes it easy on digestive system.
- Boost immune system: Prevents body from infections as it contains good amount of zinc needed for body to fight against microbes.
- Helps to sleep: It has sedative property. The essential oil present in seeds has sedative-hypnotic effect on body. It calms the nerves.
- It is diuretic and removes toxins from the body
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 31, 2018