Also known as Ganoderma lucidum, is one of the common mushroom that is available in wood and everywhere! It looks like a large white and brown wood flower. It is also known as “spirit plant” and mushroom of immortality.
It has been in use in Asian countries for its various medicinal properties. It contains ganoderic, a terpenoid which is being used to treat leukemia, lung and other cancers.
Consuming few ounces of this mushroom helps in various ways. One can also use Reishi mushroom extract to get its benefits.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
- It is anti-inflammatory agent
- Helps in bringing down bad cholesterol
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces prostate related urinary conditions in men
- Anti-cancer properties
- Building immune system response. Relieves cough and breathing issues
- Anti-aging effect
- It is also recommended for insomnia, dizziness and palpitations.
In Chinese medicine reishi has a prominent place – it is known to open all the meridians in the body and it is one of the unique character that no other herbs or mushroom has.
Image credit & Reference: https://liquidfungi.com/
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 8, 2017
Write a comment