It is a popular mushroom used for food in Asia from many centuries. While harvesting this mushroom one need to be careful as many other poisonous mushrooms resemble Maitake mushroom.
Apart from culinary uses, Maitake mushroom has following benefits for humans: Lot of work on the properties of this mushroom is carried out in the lab on certain animals.
- Anti-cancer property – Half a cup of this mushroom can prevent breast cancer development. Research says it finds the abnormal cells and causes their self-destruction.
- It is useful for cancer patient who go through a lot of suffering after chemotherapy and radiation. It reduces side effect of these treatments.
- Used for HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Good for hepatitis, hay fever, diabetes, high blood pressure, reducing bad cholesterol and weight reduction.
- Good for controlling polycystic ovarian syndrome and reduces infertility in women.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 8, 2017