Reasons for not liking eggplant?
A survey conducted in Japan in 2011 revealed that eggplant is the most hated vegetable by kids.
It is an excellent source of fiber, magnesium, potassium and contains good amount of antioxidants to fight against diseases.
Why people hate good eggplant?
- Most people hate it because the outside look does not reconcile with the inside look. It is purple and seems to be hard outside and inside it has mushy structure.
- People does not know how to cook it – it smashes and makes a mess while cooking.
- If does not cooked properly, it is like spongy and chewy and can be tasteless or bitter flavor.
- People also feel before and after cooking a slimy texture
- Cooking eggplant with cheese and other vegetables makes its texture bit more odd.
How to make it delicious?
Slice and oven roast eggplant with little chilli powder, turmeric, salt and sprinkle oil. Baking for 25 to 30 mins at 400 F makes it bit tastier. If you add water to eggplant while cooking it becomes more mushy. Instead add little oil and less water.
Image credit: https://www.pxfuel.com/en/free-photo-qjtmp (Free for commercial use)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: December 18, 2017
« What is the reason for not eating turnip? Why Brussels sprouts are disliked by many? »
Write a comment